Job TitleSee More
Data Center Engineer
Job Description Summary
Responsible to ensure the proper efficient operations and maintenance of the mechanical electrical and plumbing systems for the assigned facility. The performance of all necessary maintenance and operational tasks are developed to assure maximum life and reliability of all mechanical/ electrical/plumbing systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with or conduct the daily operations and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and general maintenance requirements for the buildings
• Supervise maintenance staff and/or third-party contractors when applicable and assign, and monitor maintenance activities and projects as needed
• Perform preventive maintenance duties, including but not limited to; including changing filters, lubricating motors, replacing lamps, ballasts and fixtures, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts, and other inspections and maintenance recommended by equipment manufacturers
• Recommend improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an ongoing basis
• Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance procedures
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
• Maintain stock and inventory control
• Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ensure management team is informed of current building operations by compiling and submitting daily reports
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
• Technical Proficiency
• Sense of Urgency
• High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
• Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
• 5+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
• May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's depending on market licensure requirements
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
• Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
• Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
• Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Valid through: 7/2/2021