- Facilitate assessments of the customer’s network utilizing our toolset.
- Provide best practices consulting to remediate findings.
- Support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies, configure devices, and troubleshoot errors.
- Work with account team and their strategy for account growth – both product and services provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
- Show the value of our services at all times – be proactive and get involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
- Demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
- Prior demonstrated experience working with minimal direct supervision. The candidate should be able to effectively work on their own and engage other team members when required to meet the customer’s needs and providing deliverables as required on time.
- Must have at least 2-years certification as a CCIE
- Current Secret clearance is a must have
- Typically requires BS/CS/Business or equivalent plus 6-8years’ experience in a network engineering, telecommunications support environment or internetworking
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%" to "AOR travel possible 2 times/year
Who You'll Work With
You will work alongside and amongst a mature, knowledgeable, creative team. They have supported the DoD and specifically the Air Force team for many years understanding the customer and their technology. This team prides itself on supporting each other and sharing their knowledge helping each other grow in their development.
Who You Are
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (ACI, APIC, NEXUS, UCS, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities.
- Must have knowledge of Cisco’s data center technologies and how to successfully configure these devices to implement various forms and versions of the cloud, including Nexus, NAS, and Virtualization
- vPC, fabricpath, STP
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, OTV, EVPN
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Traffic management for example queuing, policing, shaping
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private vlans
- Routing Protocols and features for example OSPF, ISIS, MBGP, IBGP, PBR, BFD
- Layer 3 Overlay Protocols for example OTV, LISP
- Multicast protocols for example PIM, IGMP, RP, BSR
- Layer 3 security features for example CoPP, ACL's, DAI, ip source guard
- Monitoring services for example Netflow
- Policy driven External Fabric Connectivity for example L2/L3 connectivity