Summary of Job Description:
The Technical Services Engineer (TSE) is responsible for the load distribution and cable load management of the Data Centers. This is roll encompasses the design/implementation of power cables in support of the critical environment but not limited to the primary responsibilities listed below. The TSE must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the client’s needs, and a commitment to ensuring 100% uptime in the critical environment. Responsibilities also include protecting and improving the value of the client’s assets and ensuring electricaldistribution systems continue to perform their intended function.
- Responsible for Data Centers Critical Electrical Load and Capacity planning; monitoring and documentation.
- Ensures Critical Load Data is documented, accurate and current.
- Provides Monthly Meeting with client in support of Critical Environment Projects and Critical Power Load trends
- Supports the Hardware Implementation Group with new power deployments and removals.
- Communicates with site Chief and Engineering staff on power project scheduling; ensures projects are documented in Outlook with proper support documents, CIF, Test sheet and Work Order.
- Documents and maintains data on Cable Tracker to include circuit details, materials and cost.
- Documents and maintains power cabling details in support of critical power panel schedules
- Responsible for creating and submitting Remedy Change Tickets in scope of cabling power projects at local sites.
- Offer on-site assistance at the Data Center/s, on critical maintenance projects as required.
- Offer on-site assistance at the Data Center/s in support of Modius system devices.
- Communicate with client at all levels, project details, technical information and project recommendations both verbally and written.
- Provide technical support, Method of Procedure scripts on Critical Power Path maintenance projects in support of the Data Center/s.
- Provide account wide Modius system administrator duties.
- Provide technical support on Modius system projects, to include new build outs.
- Assigned primarily to the day shift
- Able and willing to adjust to work flexible hours to include evening work and weekends as required.
- Provide additional training for engineers on critical switching procedures and electrical equipment functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent
- 5 years critical environment experience. High-density data center experience.
- Experience managing major electrical shutdowns strongly desired.
- Deep understanding of critical power systems including, UPS, PDU, ATS, STS, and generators.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.