- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science with 10 years of experience with mission critical facilities
- Experience in bidding, designing, commissioning, and operating PLC/SCADA systems
- Experience as a controls engineering lead for systems integration design, construction, and/or product development projects
- Experience with process controls and development of Sequences of Operations.
About the job
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Physics with knowledge of large-scale data centers' mechanical and/or electrical infrastructure systems, their cooling or power monitoring and control systems, and their integration
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols as it relates to industrial control systems.Industrial control system engineering experience with SCADA packages such as Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk, Schneider Electric Power SCADA Operations, Inductive Automation Ignition
- Scripting skills in Python, C , Java or similar in an industrial controls context
- Knowledge of virtualized server environments(i.e. Windows or Linux)
- Ability to travel, both domestically and abroad, up to 20% as needed
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
You are a Controls Engineer with demonstrated system design, construction and operational experience in the area of complex and mission critical facilities including data centers and/or related industries such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nuclear, semiconductors. You will be involved in the development of large scale facility monitoring and controls infrastructure from site assessments and concept design to piloting and first-of-kind greenfield construction and upgrades.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible. Responsibilities
- Develop data center monitoring and control system designs (basis of design, constructability, infrastructure expansions and retrofits) in a matrixed team environment.
- Manage all control system engineering issues during development, design, bidding, implementation, and testing.
- Generate controls engineering services and materials scope of work for product development, deployment, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Communicate, collaborate and negotiate with internal and external partners on requirements and throughout the process, ensuring that decisions are based on optimizing for a system lifecycle focused design and that stakeholders understand the decision choices throughout.
- Update/maintain internal design specifications, drawings and standards to the latest configurations.