- Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of work experience managing multi-group/disciplinary projects.
- Experience constructing technical facilities.
- Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical field.
- 4 years of experience with data center equipment/environments, including; switch gears, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems and fire safety systems.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including fast track design build processes and associated documents and contracts.
- Experience in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving objectives within set goals.
- Knowledge of large-scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- Understanding of start up/commissioning processes.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Data Center Construction Program Manager, you'll provide management of large-scale data centers, computer farms, networking, AC and DC power distribution/conversion, and cooling methods at multiple scales.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage multiple data center projects from inception through to completion.
- Support special research and development experiments, renovations and upgrades of existing facility.
- Be responsible for gathering internal requirements and delivering solutions that satisfy customers' needs.
- Maintain end-to-end responsibility from construction to deployment.
- Resolve challenges within a matrix organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs.