This individual contributor role is for a senior, creative, technology leader. Will lead and drive community and customer interest in the Apache Mesos platform as well as provide best in class architectural solutions for customers. It requires the ability to engage with customers to understand business problems, translate them into technical requirements and to design business and technology solutions that utilize appropriate and relevant infrastructure technology.
- Development, evangelizing, technical pre-sales and customer service of the Apache Mesos technology stack to create PAAS solutions for customers. (Technology stack includes Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, Deimos, Docker.)
- Focus on architecting, designing Mesos clusters and scaling customer solutions with optimized and fault-tolerant utilization of resources.
- Work with Amazon AWS / EC2, Google Compute Platform, Digital Ocean as well as private and hybrid data center topologies.
- Keeping a close eye on the Mesos ecosystem/customer feedback to provide inputs into internal product/service development and business development channels.
- Provide training sessions to key customers on the technology stack/solution architecture as part of turnkey solution delivery.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 8 years' experience in IT with relevant technologies.
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in architecting application infrastructure including Big Data and data processing infrastructures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business personnel at all levels of an organization. Experience in giving talks and/or demos.
- Experience in multiple technical disciplines in the infrastructure and application development space.
- Solid technical understanding of cloud technologies, PAAS, IAAS, multisite hosting and reliability, resiliency, and high availability is required.
- Experience devising mission critical systems and services with very aggressive SLAs.
- Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies