Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you dream of working in a creative, dynamic and significant environment. We are seeking a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities to provide leadership to the Apple Data Center’s 24X7 Site Services team and provides oversight to the installation and maintenance of a high-demand critical server environment across all data center sites. The Manager will provide guidance and support to the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of servers and the supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with other internal and external organizations to ensure the availability of Apple’s high demand critical data center environment. Experience with maintaining high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring that The SLA’s for tickets and related tasks are maintained and the ability to integrate these resources into the overall Apple Data Center mission are a requirement.
- Preferred previous senior management experience with up to director level responsibility for data center break fix infrastructure.
- Experience with “standard methodologies” in the area of data center maintenance, installation, and upgrade of servers.
- Effective leadership abilities, ability to plan, organize, and motivate others to achieve objectives.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions that are based on sound judgment and business rationale.
- Strong organization skills and professional reciprocal demeanor. Ability to work well under stress and lead difficult situations.
- Previous significant experience of leading technical senior individual contributors and managers.
- Effective communication and collaboration among external and internal teams and customers.
- Understanding of technical IT support processes and procedures, as well as basic project management skills.
10+ years experience in server, network and cable installations in a large (10,000+ server) high-demand datacenter environment. In-depth knowledge of current datacenter hardware and software protocols. 5 years of experience leading a technical team in a critical environment Excellent written and verbal social skills Technical understanding of server hardware Understanding of datacenter cabling processes and Best practices Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in IT Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. IT Process Management Experience (ITIL, SOX, SAS) Linux/Unix system engineering/administration or network engineering/administration