The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients. Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Provide IT system, hardware and software support for various IT systems.
- Provide support, management and installation services for desktop and server operating systems such as Microsoft Server.
- Manage/administer virtualization platforms such as VMware.
- Provide support, management and installation services for storage technologies such as NetApp storage products.
- Other related duties as assigned by MDTA Division of Information Technology management.
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- General Experience: This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
- Specialized Experience: At least three (3) years of specialized experience working in a computer operations center. Ability to function in a multi-system and/or multi-application environment. Ability to operate and monitor multiple terminals. Knowledge of data processing operations, equipment, procedures, and workflow. Knowledge of environmental requirements of mainframes, servers and other hardware. Knowledge of emergency security procedures for a computer operations center.
- Candidate must have at least three (3)years’experiencein each of the following:
- Supporting a networked IT systems environment, including protocols (TCP/IP), equipment, services (DNS), etc.
- Supporting the Microsoft Windows Server Family, including any Windows Server version 2008 or greater
- Supporting Microsoft Active Directory
- Supporting Microsoft Exchange & Microsoft Outlook client technologies
- Supporting Server security, including group policy and related tools
- Supporting Enterprise storage technologies, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Monitoring server performance and utilizing the associated tools to do so (at a minimum using either Microsoft Operations Manager, HP Insight Manager, or similar tool)
- Administering server and desktop virtualization technology, including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V