Deliver database and data caching technologies for consumption by businesses within Citi. The Data Caching Engineer will deliver caching products such as a GemFire, redis and Couchbase to the Citi development community and provide guidance in integrating components to the application and other third party tools.
- Test and assess existing and new data caching products
- Define standard build configuration for provisioning on physical, virtual and containerized environments
- Validate compatibility and integration to dependent components and tools
- Provide guidance on deployment architecture and resource sizing based upon application workload
- Provide L3 support on product errors and issues
5+ years of experience in following areas:
- Hands on experience working with data caching products from installation to testing and development
- Experience in developing or supporting applications integrated with data caching
- Experience in troubleshooting data caching issues and coding errors
- Working knowledge of data caching products: Gemfire, Redis, Couchbase
- Knowledge of Java/J2EE, JMX, OpenShift or other containerization frameworks
- Integration experience with tools such as AppDynamics
- Scripting, chef + Ansible development
- Good knowledge using Linux, preferably Red Hat
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle) + NoSQL (MongoDB) + Graph (Neo4j) troubleshooting and development
- Knowledge of agile SCRUM practices, JIRA
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Capable and willing to work independently as well as in cross-functional and cross-location teams
- Ability to provide presentations to Management and large audiences
- Capable of defining cost models and optimizing technology spend and licensing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.