Title: Database Administrator
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Length: 12 months+ contract
- We are seeking a qualified DBA for a client project in Phoenix. Arizona.
- Initially this person will be supporting MongoDB, Postgres and Couchbase but then it will expand to include otherNoSQL and RDBMStechnologies.
- This person should understand basic Linux Administration along withother requirements.
- Understand basic DB principles
- Troubleshoot tickets in regard to database issues
- Install, configure and catalog database connectivity (DBMS client) software on application servers
- Capacity planning for customers maintain server availability
- Server restores
- Manage change windows for database environment related changes (i.e. DBMS software or instance/database configuration).
- Configure DBMS software (i.e. database servers, database connectivity servers) on database servers.
- Identify application databases that will be impacted by DBMS software upgrades
- Execute DBMS software upgrades
- Monitor OS system resources to ensure that OS capacity does not adversely affect DBMS performance.
- Perform ongoing OS configuration changes for DBMS third party software servers
- Receive and address automated pages from proactive DBMS and database monitors