Job Overview: The Data Architect/Data Modeler must review and validate the system architecture, ERD diagrams and data dictionary for accuracy and completeness. The candidate must define, update and create the data model for the data warehouse based on business requirements and changes to the sources data model. The candidate must possess solid knowledge of data modeling in a data warehouse (oracle-based) environment. This position will be responsible for reviewing data definitions, referential integrity, models cardinality entity and attributes validity. This position will be responsible for reviewing/validating accuracy from source to target environment, creation, maintenance and monitoring of the Oracle Bl applications and infrastructure. The candidate must be self-starting, have a strong attention to detail and accuracy, and have a demonstrated knowledge of data architecture/data modeling in a source and warehouse environment
The Data Architect may perform the following duties:
- Solid knowledge of data modeling, data architecture mapping data from source to target
- Demonstrated data warehouse experience in data modeling of fact and dimensions
- Established expertise in reviewing design, development and implementation of current and future data warehouse architecture.
- Ability to review applications in development to ensure conformance to industry standards.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior staffers in methods, processes and procedures for developing and delivering a quality solution in respect to a data warehouse environment, ETL usage and best processes for report development.
- Validate the processes and testing methods leading the initiate with the business for conversion, point in time day to day activity and report development for accuracy.
- Collaborate with Bl analysts and internal customers to understand, analyze.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Experience: 3-5 years of experience
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- 3 years’ experience in data architect/data modeling
- 2 years in data warehouse modeling tools such as Erwin
- 1 year of experience in performance monitoring and optimization.
- Strong experience implementing, tuning and supporting data warehouse environments 24/7.
- Proven ability to architect and engineer business intelligence applications.
- An Interactive and proactive leadership style and assistance role for project implementation.
- Experience in SQL and programming applications using Relational Database Management Systems
- Experience performing data analysis and researching data quality issues
- Experience working on large system implementation projects
- Knowledge of MS SQL
- Experience with healthcare data preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred