You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in architecture, design and engineering of a Modern Data Analytics Platform including engineering pipelines for Data acquisition, integration, persistence and consumption
- Provide solutions for data management using Streaming /Batch/API based patterns using standard and open source technology stacks and in Public Cloud (Azure) that are models for performance , scalability and extensibility
- Building end-to-end solution plans in the form of roadmaps that define current and future states of the data platform sequencing through architecture transition states with assumptions and risks
- Build architectures to process Petabyte scale Big Data applications build around RDBMS and No SQL data stores
- Set architecture and engineering direction through a set of solution patterns and standards for data management spanning all data driven solutions
- Lead designing of all aspects of our data solution including artifact creation such as diagrams, playbook's and other technical documents
- Analyze the data landscape across departments and document the current state of topology and practices.
- Work with other solution architects and federated data engineering teams to enforce standards around solutions involving data engineering efforts
- Ensure data architecture roadmap aligns to capital programs and strategic initiatives
- Participate and review technology architectures with the enterprise architecture review board
- Set automation standards, implements tooling to support/report adherence
- Communicating the architecture standards and patterns across the engineering community with in the enterprise through reviews, brown bags, tech talks, design reviews
- Actively mentor and guide data engineering team members
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of full lifecycle technical development and architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience using Cloud/opensource and Bigdata technologies, including, but not limited to -Azure, Spark, ETL Tools, Data Bricks, Kafka, Event Hubs on Azure, WebServices, Microservices design, NoSQL Databases ( Document , Key value), AirFlow, Containers, Docker, Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience leading solutions architecture for data intensive and high throughput platforms and applications
- 3+ years of experience from Healthcare domain
- Experience of architecting and build cloud based solutions
- Experience leading teams in review of deliverables, drive code reviews
- Professional experience facilitating and leading solution design, architecture and delivery planning activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including explaining complex concepts effectively to technical and non-technical audience
- Knowledgeable in healthcare domain industry standard patterns and practices
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Technology Careers with Optum.
- Experience establishing and executing a Data Governance / Data Stewardship practice
- Strong leadership skills having lead changes in large teams using Agile practices
- Experience in DevOps practices and tools
- Exceptional soft skills in the areas of organization, time management, and establishing priorities
- Ability to influence others in a matrix reporting relationship
- Strategic and collaborative thinking
- Experience being a change agent
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Computer Science, Information Technology, technical development