TekMasters is a small, growth-oriented, technology company that delivers professional services to meet mission-critical objectives through the use of highly advanced and cost effective solutions in support of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, Federal Law Enforcement, and Civilian Agencies.
Headquartered in Chantilly, VA just outside of Washington DC, TekMasters is engaged in solutions and services focused around the design, development, and integration of technology services to support and enhance our clients nationwide.
The position’s primary responsibility is to deliver an overarching Data Architecture Model that is cloud compatible and consistent with C2IT’s architectural guiding principles, based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and best practices. The incumbent will be an integral contributor to deliver a forward leaning architectural blueprint that includes infrastructure foundational elements (i.e. network, storage, platform, middleware, etc.), data and applications that are cloud suitable/compatible. The deliverable shall include architecture requirements for engineering and implementation of the architecture blue print along with a governed process for establishing a Unified Data Layer that is application agnostic and contains all data managed by C2IT. In addition, the incumbent will serve as the lead technical resource for strategic oversight and planning of data methodology, database structural design and development. Position provides strategic technical guidance to senior level database administrators and application developers in the creation and implementation of new databases, as well as the maintenance and transition of major existing databases supporting evolving applications. The position provides strategic guidance to data stewards on the development and implementation of data models - schemas to support organizational business processes and business intelligence (BI).
The candidate selected shall provide analysis and recommendations on the organization's internal processes to help support the office's architectural strategy, technology migration, integration and evolution toward the Sponsor's strategic goals. The selected candidate shall apply deep knowledge of Sponsor-approved enterprise IT practices and ensure that practices are consistent with standard reference architecture. The selected candidate shall perform effectively as a corporate resource at varying levels in the organization depending on the mission needs, including working with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards.
The selected candidate will serve on a team responsible for outlining building blocks for the next generation architecture transformation. This individual shall be a front leader in transforming the current environment to a unified service by securely bringing together data and functionality across many systems, creating patterns, processes, tools, and infrastructure that allows application teams to build mission functionality and present it where needed, regardless of the presenting application.
• Architect a common data layer construct for data analytics and visualization;
• Develop and implement logical database structures and classification schema;
• Develop policies and procedures to build, maintain and leverage the data model;
• Provide technical, strategic guidance on the development of metadata tags, Document Type Definitions (DTD), and schemas using appropriate technologies for representation
• Ensure that metadata and data standards and definitions will support both local business processes and system implementations thereof, and corporate requirements for sharing data.
• Perform research to discover new data management models and techniques.
• Establish data provenance to support parameters around data governance.
Required Skills1. Demonstrated experience with analytical and data engineering skills.
2. Demonstrated experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design, and data systems implementation, especially with Oracle-based technologies such as MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
3. Demonstrated experience with Web Services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
4. Demonstrated experience with data standards/governance/provenance, data architecture principles, data modeling (from conceptualization to database optimization), and data structures.
5. Demonstrated experience with data design and architecture: mapping interfaces used to manage data, setting standards for data management, analyzing current state and conceiving desired future state, and conceiving projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
6. Demonstrated experience with data processing operations to design system data flows.
7. Demonstrated experience with setting data architecture principles, creating models of data, creating diagrams showing key data entities, and data inventory guidelines.
1. Demonstrated experience with addressing data in storage and data in motion; descriptions of data stores, data groups and data items; and mappings of those data artifacts to data qualities, applications, locations, etc.
2. Demonstrated experience with common data analytical tools such as CSVKit, jQuery Data Tables, Tableau3, OpenRefine, KNIME, RapidMiner or Solver. Should also have experience with GitHub and Artifactory.
3. Demonstrated experience or familiarity with tools such as Eclipse, Ant, JUnit, Apache, Tomcat, DevOps and other open source products.
4. Demonstrated experience with applying customer or community-developed data labeling standards in support of employing attribute (ABAC) or policy based access control (PBAC).
5. Demonstrated experience with Big Data structures such as triplestores, RDF, and SPARQL.
6. Demonstrated experience exhibiting excellent oral and written communication skills to include the ability to clearly and accurately explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team while adjusting to changing priorities.
7. Demonstrated experience with object or component oriented development software.
8. Demonstrated experience with customer’s information security guidelines pertaining to data protection security and being able to apply these requirements to data architecture(s).
9. Demonstrated experience with cloud-hosted database services and/or database instances using customer’s private cloud implementation.
10. Demonstrated experience in block chain technology.