About Steelcase Inc.
For over 100 years, Steelcase Inc. has helped create great experiences for the world's leading organizations, across industries. We demonstrate this through our family of brands – including Steelcase®, Coalesse®, Designtex®, PolyVision® and Turnstone®. Together, they offer a comprehensive portfolio of architecture, furniture and technology products and services designed to unlock human promise and support social, economic, and environmental sustainability. We are globally accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, and publicly traded company with fiscal 2016 revenue of $3.1 billion.
We are looking for a Data Architect in Grand Rapids, MI.
This role will be responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing the organization's data architecture. This will be achieved by defining how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems.
The Data Architect will confirm solutions align with business goals and processes. In addition, the Data Architect will ensure the enterprise information consistently integrates effectively with other applications, supports a common application environment and user interaction model and achieves enterprise level needs including security and performance requirements.
- Own the Enterprise Business Model and be responsible for the agile evolution of the model to enable the implementation of the intended business data architecture. Develop and socialize data architecture principles to ensure their adoption by the application development team
- Profile and analyze source system data to determine data relationships, design constructs, consistency and quality.
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and partners to understand information needs.
- Collaborate with Business areas and Architects to fully understand business data needs, provide strategic consultation, and translate business requirements into solution data architecture. Evaluate and undertake data impact analysis on major design options. Architect and design data solutions that will integrate with new and legacy applications.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by overseeing data standardization and rationalization across multiple functional teams in an Agile environment.
- Partner with ETL developers, architects, clients, other technical data warehouse team members and database administrators to design and develop high performing ETL and maintain consistent development functions.
- Collaborate with Business Units, Architects, Demand Management, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and technical managers to provision estimates and develop general data implementation solution plan.
- Build and maintain a repository for architecture deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents. Market, share, consult and oversee best practices to business units and development teams. Establish communication forums for architecture framework, new ideas, etc.
- Be an advocate for best practices while balancing business value and reasonable practicality
- Analyze and evaluate data definition and modeling environment providing key recommendations for improvement. Assist in defining data modeling standards, foundational best practices, and appropriate business rule conformance
- Translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Create and maintain critical data documentation and metadata that allows data to be understood and leveraged as a shared asset.
- Expert communication, negotiation and influencing skills to drive dialogue with business partners to understand their business needs and requirements and convert them into solution designs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly understand how various elements relate to one another, having an end to end perspective of decisions and anticipating issues/roadblocks.
- A strong understanding of enterprise technologyarchitecture considerations (data communications, web-based technologies, service-based technologies, performance, scalability, maintainability, deployment, operations, technologyinfrastructure, security) and the associated impact of architecture on applications.
- Ability to present technical solution design and justification to all levels of the organization, as well as manage expectations when balancing solution alternatives against business constraints and technological realities.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent relationship management skills, and the ability to effectively facilitate and oversee solution design and implementation.
- Ability to be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business needs in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Solid customer focus skills to discern underlying client needs and foresee opportunities to enhance level of service and increase solutions' scalability.
- Strong team focus with a genuine interest and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment and interact at all levels in the organization, as well as, mentoring others.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to deliver proposals, provide guidance, and interact with team members and other departments.
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.