A Brief Overview
The Data Architect II is responsible for providing analytics supporting improvement efforts, generally within a defined value stream or strategic domain. This includes developing data architecture and solutions to sustain improvement efforts and provide ongoing support for existing applications.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Builds effective working relationships with cross discipline team members, including hospital staff, new users, line management, on/offshore team members, etc.
- Guides user leadership in formulation of project plan, regular status reporting to IT and user management, issue management and escalation
- Develops business cases for new technology solutions. Confidently and professionally presents and defends recommended solution, approach, timeline, etc. to IT and user leadership and manages expectations accordingly
- Organizes and conducts regular project status meetings and design reviews sessions leveraging appropriate project artifacts
- With little supervision, performs analysis of the scope and requirements for projects
- Prepares specifications, designs, data models and diagrams from which databases can be developed
- Develops, tests, and deploys data structures using Entity Relationship Diagramming, SQL Server tools, and data modeling tools.
- Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported databases and solutions.
- Tunes performance of databases, ETL processes and queries
- in analytics or business-related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in analytics, business intelligence or healthcare technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Delivers high quality Reporting & Analytics solutions that meet user requirements with minimal on-going maintenance and a low volume of production incidents (production failures, help desk calls, etc.).
- Proficient with best practices and common processes for developing solutions with SHC tools (i.e., SSIS, Crystal Reports, WebI, Qlikview, etc.) utilized in role.
- Troubleshoots incidents and enhancement requests surrounding supported applications. Recommends improvements to supported applications.
- 1+ years experience with SQL in an Oracle and/or SQL Server enviroment. Very proficient with SQL (joins, multpile joins, subqueries, unions) including DDL for creation of tables, views, materialized views, etc.
- Ability to perform basic performance tuning to optimize queries to meet user needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Data Warehousing and ETL concepts, including: source to target mapping, transformations, error handling, job control, logging, alerting, and scheduling.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Data Definition Language (DDL) , Data Manipulation Language (DML), and Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) design and development using SQL Server tools (SQL Management Studio, T-SQL, SSIS, Team Foundation, etc.) and/or Epic Clarity Compass.
- Complex Report writing & some metadata (universe) creation with SHC standard tools.
- Operates with minimal supervision.
- Accountable interaction up to Tier 4 levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability for completing moderately complex projects and/or multiple assigned projects.
- Highly capable individual with expanded skill sets
- Understands SHC's vision and communicates it to others. Appropriately questions how their assigned work relates and supports this vision.
- Mastered one domain and learning others.
- Ability to anticipate design or technical problems and suggest viable alternatives.
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams with limited supervision.
- Track record of consistently good work with only occasional problems or defects.
- Utilizes strategic A3s and is proficient with Lean methods
- Makes reliable operational internal decisions with limited supervision.
- Can present ideas to peers and peer-group end-users. Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Licenses and Certifications