The Data Architect will be responsible for end-to-end vision on how a logical design will translate to one or more data repositories and how the data will flow through the stages involved. The architect will need to be able to address issues of data migration, validation, cleanup, and mapping, and will need to understand the importance of data dictionaries. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop and maintain data structures which draw information from multiple sources of data such as corporate databases, corporate data warehouses and field operational data stores.
- Design, deliver, and document multi-platform architecture with a focus on architectural standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability and security.
- Partner with the IT/BI team and cross functionally within the organization to provide insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions that solve critical business problems.
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate--quickly troubleshoot problems with data generation and reporting to correct problems with a minimum of downtime in the process.
- Quickly learn new tools (desktop or external) which enhance the department's ability to gather, process, or report data. Integrate these tools with existing structures to improve information flow.
- Use knowledge of business processes to work with personnel in Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operational disciplines. Be able to quickly understand their problems and devise solutions.
- Design and help develop ETL, replication schemes, and query optimization techniques that support highly-varied (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured) and high-velocity (near real-time) data processing and delivery.
- Develop standards and methodologies for benchmarking, performance, evaluation, testing, data security and data privacy.
- Perform impact analysis, performance tuning, and capacity planning for the data warehouse and its infrastructure as source systems are added and new integration business rules and logic are introduced.
- Provide recommendations, technical direction and leadership for different technologies as part of the overall architecture.
- Works in development of ETL code, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures.
- Designs, develops, and delivers data from operational systems and files into a staging area, ODSs (operational data stores), Data Warehouse, downstream Data Marts and files.
- With MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS responsible for developing and deploys ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework.
- Understands automation of file processing as well as all ETL processes within a job workflow.
- Performs the unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Adapts ETL code to accommodate changes in source data and new business.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Relational Database Management Systems solutions such as Access, SQL and Oracle.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Designing databases.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in large relational database deployment experience.
- Advanced Knowledge of Tables, Queries and Views in MS SQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge of Relational Data Modeling, Database design, and analysis of data requirements and sources.
- Experience in architecture and building procedures, functions, views, and triggers with SQL relational databases.
- Proficient in complex database concepts and effectively employ different database design techniques.
- Ability to program in post-gres Sql and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PP, Access, Visio).
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with minimal supervision and effectively meet project deliverables on time.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, critical thinking and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of report design.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel, make decisions and solve problems while working under strict deadlines.
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing effectively and to maintain confidentiality.
- Shows judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
- Knowledge of cable and telecommunications products and services.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum implementation teams.
- Experience with big data and KAFKA knowledge.
- Office Environment
- Travel as required
IDB303-NOC 294443 294443BR