The Data Architect will be responsible to drive the data analytics strategies and platforms required to support the Sears Hometown & Outlet Organization. The data architect requires a deep understanding of Data Architecture, Big Data, OLAP Databases, and Infrastructure Design.
Specifically, this role will work closely with the various departments of SHO like marketing, finance, operations, e-commerce, transportation, supply chain, logistics services in all aspects of designing, developing and delivering cloud-based Data Lake, Big Data platform containing data from SHOS systems.
This candidate will work with SHO BPO vendors, SHO business teams, SHO third-party teams and build an enterprise wide modernized data platform for SHOS business focused primarily on data integration, multi-dimensional reporting adhoc, and self-service reporting
A deep knowledge of MDM, Big Data, Reference Data, Data Integration, and Metadata is required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Application Data Lake, Big Data Platform containing application generated data
- Evaluate and ability to influence key technologies include: 1. Data Lake Architecture, 2.Integration Services, 3. Data warehouse architecture
- Develop enterprise level multidimensional OLAP data models and database designs, across all phases of data modeling from conceptualization to database optimization.
- Incorporate emerging technologies like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, and unstructured data wherever is needed.
- Initiates evaluates, and implements database and ETL projects involving data from SHOS operational systems, SHO legacy systems and external data repositories in the SHOs environment.
- Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data and set standards for data management.
- Analyze current state and conceives desired future state, and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Able to emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance.
- Scope different SHOs business requirements and create solution architecture and design documents.
- Respond to all requests with high standards for customer service
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics
- Five or more years of experience in Data Architecture: application, reporting frameworks, dimensional modeling, processing, availability, and scalability
- Three or more years of experience in BIG DATA on cloud preferred
- Excellent knowledge of native Hadoop, DynamoDB (Cassandra), or similar solution
- Three or more years of experience with database and ETL development, preferably with Teradata, SQL Server, MYSQL & ETL looks like Talend, Pentaho Kettle, Datastage or Informatica
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL – stored procedures, functions, dynamic SQL, triggers, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of ETL tools – templates, auditing, error handling, standards
- Database modeling experience – design of relational and dimensional data models
- Solution architecture experience – requirements gathering, design documentation
- Experience in overall Data Warehouse architecture (ETL, ODS, Data warehouse, Data Marts)
- Understanding of data integration problems, including validating and cleaning data
- Ability to tie together solutions across products.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team-centric environment.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge.
- Must take initiative and be a self-starter, be flexible, detail-oriented, a team player, and work well independently, good problem-solver, and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to oversee multiple issues at one time to meet competing user demands through problem-solving and long-term planning
- Excellent analytical and communication skills