- News & Press Releases
**Powering People to a Better Life™**
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Purchasing Power is a leading specialty e-retailer offering consumer products, vacations and online education services through an easy and convenient payment plan. Our customers love us because we make paying for their purchases stress and hassle-free. Purchasing Power was honored for “World Class Customer Service” by Smart Business and "Innovation in Customer Service" with a Silver Stevie Award. We are one of “Atlanta’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” and have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies for the past seven years. Purchasing Power is ‘Powering People to a Better Life™’ through its employee purchase program, financial literacy efforts and charitable contributions.
Purchasing Power is a Flexpoint Ford, LLC Company.
2016 Internet Retailer Top Mobile E-Retailers, ranked #156
2015 National Best & Brightest Companies in Wellness
2015 Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America
2015 Bronze Stevie Award in Consumer Products & Retail Website
2014 National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For
2014 Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America
2014 Silver Stevie Award for Innovation in Customer Service
The Big Data Architect, reporting to the Director – Architecture & Strategy, leads key strategic initiatives for Purchasing Power LLC in accordance with the mission and goals. The Big Data Architect is responsible for all aspects of the design and implementation of mid-to-large scale enterprise projects by delivering application architectures, technical designs and reference documentation.
- Work with enterprise/application/solution architects, product architects, product owners, data scientists and engineers to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
- Deliver “hands-on” design expertise in support of the Purchasing Power Environment. Looking for Data Architects/Engineers to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- Architect, design, deliver, test, and troubleshoot complex data implementations
- Provide visionary leadership for projects related to Big Data technologies and software development support for client research projects
- Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings. Bring these insights and best practices to Acxiom Big Data Projects
- Establishes and participates in data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship and governance.
- Document the architecture and architectural decisions related to the assigned application portfolio.
- Develop highly scalable and extensible data platforms/warehouses which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role.
- Experience with Java/J2EE technologies and other web technologies.
- At least 3 years of data architectureexperience.
- Strong Scripting skills in Python and shell scripting.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of SDLC process.
- Experience working in public cloud environments, i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Enterprise Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB, NoSQL, Dynamo DB
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies including data warehouses, ETL tools, SQL, and master data management solutions. I.e. Kafka, Spark, elastic search, with data visualization tools.
- Retail industry knowledge and experiencepreferred
- Source control knowledge: Git
- Agile / Scrum experiencepreferred
- To be able to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Nice To have but not required: ML, AI, DevOPS