Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Healthcare Administration, Operations Management, Engineering or other healthcare discipline required. Advanced degree and/or CBIP, CPHIMS, Data Mining or other relevant certification preferred.
A minimum of five years’ experience developing ETL scripts, analyzing and extracting data from complex systems and normalizations from multiple sources is required.
At least five years’ experience in validating data based on supporting queries or external data sources, data warehousing and/or business intelligence is required.
At least two years’ experience in developing data architecture, data mapping, and data structures. Demonstrated knowledge and use of Data Architecture concepts, logical and physical database modeling, methods, and strategies is required.
Understanding of activities within primary discipline such as Data Governance (DG) and Master Data management is required.
Must have strong interpersonal skills. Must communicate and interact effectively with stakeholders from all levels of the organization.
Familiarity with relational databases and tools such as SQL, SSRS, etc. is required. Experience with analytical programs (R, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, etc.) id preferred. Working knowledge of research methodology and statistical inference preferred.
Extensive experience solving analytical problems using systemic and creative analytic techniques, quantitative approaches, statistical programming and specialty solutions
Demonstrate knowledge of internal and external operational, clinical and financial information systems is required.
Healthcareexperiencepreferred. Experience with Cerner EHR schema and Dimensional Insight business intelligence suite preferred.
This position is under the supervision of the Director of Performance Services.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility, although may give direction to other department members in the course of project management.
Must be able to work independently and prioritize projects as assigned by various individuals.
AGE OF PATIENT SERVED No clinical contact with patients.
1. Support the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2. Embrace and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare
3. Promote personal and patient safety
4. Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
5. Responsible for the design and implementation of the enterprise business intelligence data architecture and reporting capability on an enterprise level 6. Responsible for performing tasks in all areas of core platform BI development including design, coding and optimization of BI objects and applications
7. Develop long-term data management processes including data governance, data lifecycle management, technical standards, tool selection and integration processes
8. Identifies and resolves data governance and data integrity problems while leveraging best-practice data architecture strategies. Provides data governance education to teammates and internal customers
9. Define and shape the information vision – work with senior leaders to understand business data needs to support business and clinical intelligence applications, and create an information architecture and solutions to meet those needs
10. Oversees the structuring of large quantities of unstructured data. Efficiently and consistently extract and manipulate big data from disparate sources into usable intelligence.
11. Supports the development and implementation of processes that improve efficiency and enhance data storage and usability
12. Supports in application release preparation and deployment
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Req # 31036