Data Architect (SECRET, ACTIVE)
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling principles
- Practical experience developing complex logical and physical data models
- Experience in data analysis and data integration
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of information requirements to design optimal data structures and data validation rules
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-project environment
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrated through previous experience interacting with business analysts, systems engineers and developers
Defines and oversees data architecture, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of data structures with respect to organization, access methods, access time, validation checks, protection and security, and analytical methods.
Develops and manages data architecture and interface control documentation and design artifacts.
Serves as a contributing member of a cross-functional team and works to maintain a positive environment.
My Client is seeking an analyst to provide data modeling expertise to the Joint Medical Logistics Functional Development Center (JMLFDC) cross-functional Agile development teams in support of the Defense Medical Logistics Enterprise Solution (DML-ES) applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translating business needs into data requirements
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date knowledge of database information and requirements for maximizing database potential
- Logical and physical data model design to support MongoDB document and Oracle relational data structures
- Database development support in AgileSCRUM environment
- Defining and monitoring of data standards, data quality validation, data management procedures, and integration of systems through database design
- Data model and metadata management using COTS products such as ERwin, ER/Studio, and MS Office
- Technical data governance
- Data validation testing for software releases
- Mapping of data to business processes and system interfaces
- Participation in Enterprise-wide data initiatives and working groups
- Developing and sustaining Database Design, Interface Control, DoDAF architecture data views and other technical documentation
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience managing complex data models using ERwin Data Modeler or ER/Studio Data Architect
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Seven to Nine (7-9) years of related experience
Normal demands associated with an office environment.
Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
Some travel may be required.
If you have the above skills, experience, qualifications, and you live in the area where this job is located - then pleaseapply!
**Agency's - Please Do Not Contact, Respond or Apply**