Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
Data ArchitectLand O’Lakes is looking to add a data architect to our Supply Chain Information Technology (IT) team. The data architect has a deeply rooted belief that data architecture is the foundation of any information-driven operating environment and is critical to the success of leveraging data to optimize business outcomes. The data architect will design solutions and guide a team of data engineers to ensure consistent, reliable, and sustainable data solutions are delivered. The data architect will work with a team of data architects to influence data management processes that result in highly accurate and trusted data assets for use in Supply Chain and across the organization. Additionally, the data architect influences stakeholders to ensure investments in data driven solutions are centered on optimizing clearly defined and quantified business outcomes.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in architecting data-driven solutions
- 3+ years of experience managing development and engineering resources
- Experience leading full lifecycle, large, complex reporting or data engineering efforts
- 2+ years of experience architecting cloud-native data solutions on Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud platform
- 1+ year of experience with Snowflake
- Required Competencies/skills
- Capable of using agile methodology and implementing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across all levels (Engineers, Management, Architects, etc.), particularly in a DevSecOps and Product -oriented culture
- Ability to function as a technical lead, including hands-on implementation, as well as working closely with developers and data analysts
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills, including the ability to distill highly technical concepts and communicate them effectively to non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trusted-advisor status to technology and business stakeholders at various levels
- Deep knowledge of the data vault method, model, and architecture
- Ability to manage the overall data landscape: meta data, processing patterns, and data quality
- Ability to work closely with developers and data analysts to design and optimize data access, query, reporting and analysis strategies to solve complex business problems
- Ability to provide technical leadership to evangelize best practices/proven patterns and promote the use of Corporate IT standards
- Ability to proactively communicate and manage technology and projects risks
- Working knowledge of data privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA as well as how to design solutions to drive compliance
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced degree
- Experience working as a consultant; Large or small firm
- Supply Chain experience in a CPG, manufacturing, or distribution company
- Deep domain knowledge in one or more of the following: Transportation, Demand and Supply Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement, or Quality
- 2+ years’ experience using Spark
- Preferred Competencies/Skills
- Understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or related Agile expertise
- Ability to develop and articulate a clear vision for what a solution will look like before development begins
- Ability to work closely with business partners to influence decisions on technology investments
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.