Position Summary: Are you a forward-thinker? An innovator? As a Data Architect, you will be the technical liaison for our Product Managers, vetting ideas and projects before they hit the ground, and helping us decide which technical solutions to implement. This is your opportunity to work with our Districts and Job Sites to identify problems and provide technical solutions. We are looking for someone who comes from a large company like ours, with a history of success architecting technology solutions.
Location: This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center on 12720 I Street in Omaha
• Help Kiewit continue its growth into the being a data-driven company by identifying data solutions that can solve business problems we have today.
• Work with KTG leadership to ensure the data solution's goals support the business needs and initiatives.
• Accountable for technical integrity, fit-for-purpose, and alignment with data architecture strategy.
• Develop data lineage and conceptual and logical data models in support of product, reporting and data quality efforts
• Develop and promote enterprise data architecture best practices and standards.
• Collaborate with EDW team to design data solutions.
• Collaborate with Data Governance team to ensure data policies are implemented across the enterprise.
• Work closely with architecture, product and reporting teams and business during inception, ideation, user-centered design, and solution design phases of application lifecycle.
• Collaborate with database administrators to handoff logical models for physical modelling / DDL generation.
• Proactively identify opportunities to enable business results with data solutions.
• Refine and enhance the Kiewit data technology solutions strategy and roadmap.
• Influence the organization to achieve results
• Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Bachelors degree in related field
• Previous Experience in Data Architecture roles
• Previous experience with data modeling and data lineage.
• Experience selecting technology solutions that meet requirements are cost-conscious and align with Kiewit's technology goals and roadmap.
• Strong communicator with the ability to translate technical terms and concepts into graphics and business terms.
• Experience working with all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to develop great relationships with co-workers, credibility with leadership, and rapport for getting things done with stakeholders.
• Familiarity with an architecture methodology or framework
• Agile development experience
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead teams through to more defined and actionable terms
• Presents an open mind when working with stakeholders and business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Construction or Engineering experience a plus
• Familiarity with SQL Server, Azure SQL Server, ER/Studio, Collibra a plus
• Understanding of SAP or other ERP systems a plus
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Requisition ID: 78793