As a Data Architect at Intermountain Healthcare, you will be responsible for designing relational and dimensional databases. This position coordinates gathering data requirements from the business, and designing dimensional data models and ETLs to support those requirements for all PeopleSoft and OBIA/OBIEE reporting for Finance, Supply Chain and HR/Payroll ERP applications.
Candidates should have the ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries from clients, coworkers, and or management to solve advanced problems and develop a variety of options in complex situations.
The Data Architect is responsible for designing dimensional databases. The Data Architect applies dimensional theory and business process analysis to the development of logical data models and converts these logical models into physical database objects using data modeling CASE tools.
The position develops and implements enterprise-level strategies and principles for the integration of enterprise information resources by defining corporate standards for data architecture, format, quality, and database design.
The Data Architect independently manages many complex projects and their components. Also responsible for the mentoring of staff and the validating of the analysis, models, and data conversion and quality assurance.
The Data Architect provides input and leadership to help define best practices and standards in database design and business intelligence solutions. Works closely with leadership and customers at the corporate level of the organization to develop integrated and standardized business intelligence solutions.
Additionally, Data Architects will be responsible for the following duties:
- Records detailed logical and physical data models in the information repository and coordinates the publication and maintenance of these models.
- Ensures appropriate integration of models and designs across the enterprise.
- Facilitates database design sessions and translates business requirements into logical and physical system designs for large complex projects.
- Leads the physical database design and implementation process for large complex projects.
- Designs the optimal data presentation environment for the customer and works with various reporting tools.
- Coordinates with specific database performance monitoring and tuning tasks including the design of optimization and indexing schemes for complex projects.
- Develops, tests, and implements complex ETL (extract, transformation, and load) routines.
- Documents business requirements and essential functionality requirements for in-house development and the selection of third-party applications.
- Leads the effort to ensure proper integration with existing Intermountain Healthcare's data, standards, and business processes.
- Leads large, complex projects through development of project work plans, recommendations for optimal utilization of resources, milestone tracking, and coordination of project team efforts. Keeps management and customers informed of progress and exceptions.
- Leads the development and implementation of system backup, recovery, and support plans and assists in the definition of standards for these plans.
- Consults with business users for business intelligence strategy and execution.
- Addresses the customer needs, manages expectations and ensures system-wide integration.
- Participates in the technical review process of designs completed by other designers and serves as a mentor to junior designers.
- Develops, documents, and delivers complex ad-hoc queries of production data as requested by business users.
- Consults with the business users that are performing queries. Works effectively with clients and staff to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, and project priorities.
- Leads the definition of and subsequently follows enterprise and department-specific standards and methodologies.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of data warehousing concepts and leads projects that are intended to support business decision support requirements.
- Understands the differences between On-line Transaction Processing and Decision Support systems and how to appropriately support the requirements and environments for each.
Expert knowledge of SQL (structured query language). Expert understanding of industry application development methodologies, tools and techniques. Experience working with Oracle’s Supply Chain and Order Management, Procurement and Spend, Financial and Human Resources pre-built Analytics (OBIA). Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
Experience working with Informatica PowerCenter and PowerCenter Adaptors. Experience working with Oracle Data Integrator. Experience working with Oracle PeopleSoft and/or E-Business Suite ERP applications for Finance, Supply Chain and HR/Payroll. Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data modeling/architecting. Must be willing to work evenings or weekends.
Job ID: 207246