Ingram Micro’s Data Science Lab is a diverse group of – data enthusiasts and intrapreneurs working on some of the most challenging and complex problems in ecommerce space. Our goal is to provide insights with immediate relevance to Ingram Micro’s global business and to the B2B technology distribution business. We work with cutting edge statistical, machine learning, econometric, and mathematical models to drive deep insights for Ingram Micro and our Global partners. We incubate new ideas and develop innovate products. We are passionate about data, efficiency, understanding drivers of market dynamics and behavior, and developing nudge incentives.
We are looking for a smart, hungry and humble architect with 7+ years of experience for our Global Business Intelligence team. The candidate will have lead Architecture responsibility for sustaining current systems and developing the future data infrastructure.
Working with a diverse set of cross-functional teams, the Architect will review and acquire an in-depth understanding of the current applications and their technical architecture; sustain current infrastructure; identify opportunities for improvement; and lead the migration path from the current state to the future state architecture.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience or ability to learn sufficient T-SQL and SQL Server 2016
- Experience or ability to learn sufficient C# and .NET
- Container tools experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Hadoop and Spark
- Experience using Configuration Management tools like: Puppet, Chef, Salt/Saltstack, or Ansible
- Experience using continuous Integration tools such as: Jenkins, Maven, Hudson, or Capistrano
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google using: EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, EMR and Cloud Watch
- Scripting using one of the following: Python, Bash, CMD, Power Shell, GoLang, , NodeJS, or Ruby
- Knowledge of Code Repositories such as: Git/Github, TFS, SVN/Subversion, or Perforce
- Data warehousing, relational database management, and database optimization experience a plus
- Knowledge of software engineering a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server AD a plus
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related technical discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in Design and Development
- Experience gathering and processing raw data (structured/unstructured) at scale, including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries on a variety of platforms, etc…
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environments, manage multiple large projects
- Proactive, initiative taker, possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A collaborative working style and ability to work independently in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Stand Out
- Experience or interest with Big Data and Artificial Intelligence technologies
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Strong scalability management experience for a large user based infrastructure to support
- Overall team player mentality
- Excellent work ethic to get the job done that is required of you
- Experience building systems to transition from datasets ranging from gigabytes to terabytes
- Project Management skills and tools
- Higher degree in a technical field or equivalent
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Job ID: 15323