Impact Makers is a mission-driven management and technology consulting company that delivers exceptional value to make an impact for our clients and the world. Our experienced teams help organizations manage transformation in IT, data, cloud, and security with a focus on their customers and their people.
We utilize our innovative business model to transform the business value of our work into social value for the community. We are committed to gifting 100% of our net profits to the community over the life of the company and our annual community contributions rival companies 100x our size.
Summary and Responsibilities:
- The Data Architect will analyze business needs, and develop appropriate data deliverables, (i.e. data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and glossaries) to meet them.Create data models and xml schemas at all levels including conceptual, logical, and physical for both relational and dimensional solutions. Models will include objects, entities, attributes, their inter-relationships, and dependencies in 3N and/or dimensional formats.
- Integrate disparate data models into coherent enterprise data models.
- Forward engineer physical models to create DDL scripts to implement new databases or database changes. Reverse engineer databases and synchronize data models with actual data implementations.
- Create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Identify and reconcile inconsistencies in data definitions, e.g., synonyms and homonyms.
- Work to identify master data (entities and attributes) and capture how data is interpreted by users in various parts of the organization.
- Capture business rules that govern how data is transformed, integrated, and used.
- Develop canonical models and data transformation rules using XML.
- Required Knowledge/Skills/Experience:Broad understanding of Data Architecture and Data Management approaches and implementation methodologies
- Ability to work with business as well as IT stakeholders
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing large scale data models for functional, operational, and analytical environments
- Demonstrated experience in Conceptual, Logical, Physical and Dimensional Modeling
- Hands-on experience with data modeling tools
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as Power BI, Tableau
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- 5+ years of experience as Data Modeler/Data Architect creating data models and working in Data Architecture and Data Management solutions
- Databases: Snowflake, SQL Server
- ETL tools (e.g. Matillion, DBT, Informatica, Ab Initio, etc.),
- Data Modeling (ERWin, SQLDBM, etc),
- Data Governance tools including (but not limited to) the Informatica Suite, Alation, MetaCenter.
- Cloud Experience (AWS and Azure)
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Experience:Prefer B.A. in a related field
- Relevant certifications are a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is valuable
- NoSQL Database experience
- Experience with Data Vault and Data Mesh