WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
This Data Architect is responsible for identifying, documenting and communicating the direction for Data Services. The role focuses on maturing our gaming telemetry, data warehouse and analytics competencies. They are also responsible for enterprise wide data taxonomies, data design, reference architecture, schemas, ERD’s and enterprise data management. In addition, the infrastructure data architect will conduct research on emerging technologies and understands industry trends on how to gain the best value from the technologies we use. They will maintain a good understanding of the business drivers, key competitive advantages, and the opportunities that will drive our business forward.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD (MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identifies and documents the architectural direction for Data Services and products
- Designs the overall structure for each architectural view: the decomposition of the view, the grouping of elements, and the interfaces between element groups.
- Articulates and mediates tradeoffs related to scalability, manageability, testability, security, maintainability, usability, functionality, cost, and time.
- Maintains a broad view of product architecture, including application, information, infrastructure, and process.
- Leads and coordinates technical activities and artifacts for Data Services.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Broad understanding of infrastructure data services technologies such as Kinesis, Red Shift, DynamoDB, Kafka, Alooma and SnowFlake with at least 4 years in a data architecture role.
- Experience with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations.
- Must have 4+ years working with or in support of mission-critical enterprise IT systems.
- Must have 2+ years working with or in support of high transaction and IOT systems.
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Write very high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. The ability to easily communicate both to business and technology leaders.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Experience architecting and implementing data services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms.
- Strong understanding of micro-services design and implementation requirements in a public cloud environment.
- Experience with instrumentation and gathering application level telemetry for consumer-facing applications.
- Experience with business continuity and disaster recovery design, planning and implementation.
- Experience working in a DevOps culture of delivery by end-to-end teams.
- Experience working collaboratively to create solutions and/or solve problems.
- Experience with SnowFlake, Kinesis and other Data centered technologies.
Education and Training:
- BA/BS degreedesired or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
Requisition ID: 7842