What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and implement processes and systems to extract knowledge or insights from data
- Develop technical solutions that will streamline the current data development processes
- Act as a funnel for ideas and collaborate with different teams to create new solutions
- Research & identify new technologies to drive internal innovation
- Solve complex business problems in a timely and robust manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Extract huge volumes of data from multiple internal and external sources
- Explore and examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities
- Communicate predictions and findings to management and IT departments through effective data visualizations and reports
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Solid problem-solving skills, supported by a logical, methodical and thorough approach to implementation.
- Specify quality checks that assure QA in data and one SVOT
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills in English
- Must be able to finish tasks with minimum supervision
Are You Qualified?
- Educated to degree level from a numerate discipline (preferably Computer Science)
- Hands on with “can do” attitude
- Data mining knowledge and experience
- Data modeling experience
- Big Data Processing Platforms: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc.
- ScriptingLanguages (R, Python) and ability to learn new coding languages and programs
- Software development principles (design patterns,)
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests,…)
- Visualization tools ( Desirable Qlik Sense or Microstrategy)
- Agile methodologies
- Platform experience, JIRA, Confluence
- Big Dataarchitecture (i.e. kappa, lambda…)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- High communication skills
- Team player
- Intellectual curiosity
- Analytical skills
- Out of the box thinking