Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Data Technology Architect
Evolver is seeking an experienced Data Technology Architect to help build modern data and analytics solutions in a hybrid cloud model. The ideal candidate would have data architecture experience with on premise SQL and Oracle databases and also with cloud based data solutions. The Data Technology Architect will need to have a grasp of the data architecture, develop and maintain good documentation and build a strong, collaborative relationship with the technology and data teams. Some of the projects that the Data Technology Architect will be engaged in include developing the target state data technology platform and executing it, owning the data technology architecture (both in the cloud and on premise), data models and ensuring that the data pipes are built optimally.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Build and maintain the technology platform architecture for both on premise and cloud based solution
- Responsible for architecting a new cloud data platform analyzing different emerging technology solutions that range from Microsoft Synapse, Azure data factory, Azure data lake, Snowflake, data bricks, Data Robot and more
- Responsible for owning data platform architecture and ensuring the right platforms and solutions are being used
- Explores, evaluates, recommends, and acts as the lead subject matter in emerging technology trends and proof‐of‐concept efforts
- Lead and manage technical data architecture assessment for firm‐wide project initiatives
- Collaborate and support business teams and data office on data related initiatives
- Document and maintain the data technology platform architecture
Technical Requirements (required and desired)
Evolver targets candidates with successful academic and professional careers and demonstrated leadership ability.
- 5+ years of experience with Azure cloud data solutions (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake storage, data bricks, Data Explorer, Machine Learning, Azure Syapse / Snowflake)
- 10+ years of experience with on premise Oracle and SQL server, stored procedures, SSIS, SSAS
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge and experience with Manta for business glossary and data quality tools is highly desirable
- Experience architecting data solutions for research explorations with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with Jupyter notebooks, Python libraries and more
- Experience with data architecture for business intelligence tools like Tableau supporting our users to self‐support their analytical needs
- Capable of speaking articulately with business users and being able to get into details with the technology team
- Goal‐oriented team player committed to quality and detail
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change
- Experience working with Tableau
Training and Certifications (required and desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience within a Financial Services Industry
- Certification in Microsoft Cloud is highly desirable
- Certifications with Azure and any Cloud Certified tools is a plus.