The Data Architect role is responsible for the design and implementation of Dorel Sport’s data strategy and governance across e-commerce, operations and logistics. Additionally, the Data Architect provides and manages Business Intelligence Solutions for the business units to access and analyze.
- Develop Data Architecture Strategies and Implementations based on industry design patterns
- Assist in creating a workflow for management of data access and CRUD policies and operations from any of our backend systems
- Design normalized data structures that mitigate data duplication
- Be at the forefront of data architecture and database technologies and methodologies and provide recommendations for new tools and processes.
- Design and implement dimensional, relational and transactional production database systems (SQL, noSQL, MySQL, Cloudera Hadoop)
- Design and implement Data Migration and Integration processes (SSIS, SQL, Python)
- Monitor relevant systems for performance with regular automated tests
- Work alongside business units to provide insight and recommendations of data products helpful to achieve business goals
- Define and enforce data architecture standards, procedures, metrics, policies, security guidelines
- Develop and maintain interactive reports with industry standard BI tools (Sisense, Power BI)
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
- Contributes to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience in Data Architecture roles with primary responsibility for database schema design and development, data access strategies and implementation and business intelligence tool implementation and management
- 5+ years professional experience in at least one of the following databases: MS SQL, MySQL
- Must have a strong understanding of GIT and version control best practices
- Experience in troubleshooting and improving performance of data bound applications using various third-party solutions and integrations
- Good verbal and written English required
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and automated deployments, including tools such as Gulp, Grunt and Jenkins.
- Passion to deliver high-quality working code frequently
- Ability to research and resolve production application problems
- Experience with Coveo
- Experience with .Net Framework and C#
- Understanding of Linux (Debian, RedHat); Internet Services (IIS, Apache, ftp, SSH) - scripting (Shell, Perl)
- Experience and knowledge of Virtualization and Storage Technologies
- Knowledge of Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401k and company match
- Commuter Incentive Program
- Great discounts on company products
- Employee Wellness Program
- A mix of casual yet professional culture