Position Title: Data Architect
Position Number: 261027
Location: Austin, TX
Desired Skill Set:
COBOL, Data Analysis, DB-2, SQL
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.
Title: Data Warehouse Architect 2
Duration: currently a 12-month assignment part time assignment:
Location: Austin, Texas
client requires the services of one Programmer/Developer Analyst, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Programmer/Developer Analyst 3 Category, Core Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the CPA. CPA may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. CPA will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
Worker will perform highly advanced analysis and programing tasks such as:
· Development of new batch or online programs and modifications of existing programs including developing and modifying reports
· Development of ad hoc reports
· Developing complex SQL Queries in a DB2 z/OS environment to assist with data analysis and to update data based on specific business requirements
· A senior level Programmer / Developer Analyst must have a strong background in data and database analysis with DB2 z/OS DBMS and be able to analyze data for irregularities and patterns. Must be able to quickly develop expertise in complex systems, be quality conscious and be dedicated to delivering quality products on time and on budget. Experience with COBOL is not required, but is desirable.
· Worker must cross-train and transfer knowledge to current CPA staff.
· Onsite Requirement: Worker will be required to work onsite with the team. Working remotely will be limited and must be pre-approved by the Project Manager/Direct Supervisor
· On-call Requirement: Worker may be required to provide after-hours on-call support on a rotation basis
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Must be able to work independently
· Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
· Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
· Must be able to retain knowledge of environment and systems once given instruction
· Knowledge of project management and software development methodologies
· Must be able to work around projects and deadlines with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
· Perform related work as assigned
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience creating, maintaining, and enhancing information systems written in Natural for DB2
· Experience with z/OS JCL and TSO ISPF
· Experience working with CPA''s applications including the Integrated Tax System (ITS), Audit Systems, and Statewide Financial Systems.
· Experience with the development of various DB2 reporting mechanisms such as IBM''s Query Management Facility (QMF), Squirrel, Query Man, or Teradata Data SQL Assistant
· Experience creating complex SQL queries, reports, and data extracts from DB2 z/OS DBMS
· Extensive experience analyzing data from various data models, databases, and tables
· Experience with software development processes, prepare detailed documentation and generate work estimates in an Agile, RAD and other SDLC environments
· Extensive experience with highly complex security application requirements
· Experience in unit and system integration testing of developed application
· Experience writing conversion programs to transform extremely large complex data structures into other formats.
· Experience accepting assignments from a formal process such as an ITIL ticketing system
· Experience creating, maintaining, and enhancing information systems written in COBOL
· Experience working with enterprise software solutions
· Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
· Experience with Web-enabling mainframe Natural programs
· Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.