Work you’ll doDeloitte Services LP is seeking an analytics data architect to support, improve and scale the organization’s dataarchitecture. This professional will partner withinternal clients to understanddesired business questions to be answered, drive requirements, propose solutions and manage the delivery of multiple cross-functional data,reporting and analytics projects and integrations between different systems.
- Serve as the technical expert responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of BI/DW solutions, with complete and accurate information information/ data delivery to business users using maintainable, systematic, and automated procedures.
- Make recommendations and guidance about data collection methods, master data management concepts, metrics, data definitions, and data evaluation methods, in collaboration with internal and external partners. .
- Partner with internal clients to gather business requirements for data and reporting enhancements, change requests and new functionality.
- Map configurations and complex data architectures, ensuring documentation meets current and forecasted needs.
- Help establish and define data validation, data cleansing, data integration, and transformation practices.
- Facilitate data, reporting and analytics design review sessions, testing cycles, including the creation of test scenarios and scripts, validation and other post-deployment activities.
- Establish close partnerships within the IT department and with the business teams to provide data strategy expertise, ensuing overall data quality within all enterprise systems (e.g., enterprise data warehouse) including interfaces between applications/ systems.
- Stay abreast of contemporarytechnology trends/concepts and serve as an SME for the business teams.
- Manage issues and bugs within the system using tracking/ support systems; liaise with internal and external resources to facilitate resolution and closure.
- Work with vendor to validate and refine technical specifications against business requirements
- Communicate with external vendors and other departments to resolve production issues, upgrades, and software evaluations.
- Prepare for and participate in vendor relationship activities and stewardship meetings on an ongoing basis.
The teamDeloitte’s data and technology COE team combines the power of Deloitte’s brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measureable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process. Qualifications:
- Undergraduatedegreerequired with preference to business, marketing, or data science, Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Data Architecture, Modelling with massively parallel processing databasetechnology and Columnar Databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with clients as a technical expert and able to narrate data driven insights and translate technical concepts into simple terminology for business client of various levels.
- Passionate about identifying and solving problems for customers with the ability to uncover business needs through direct interaction as well as quantitative or qualitative research to define compelling solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend sound conclusions and implementation strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of enterprise data concepts like data warehousing, data hygiene, handling large data volume, and using multiple tools to research and analyze information
- Professional development experience with and knowledge of relational databases and enterprise data warehouses, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS; SAP HANA preferred
- Experience with big datatechnology (Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, etc.), preferred
- Knowledge of best practices and principles for data modeling, dashboards, report design, analytics, and data mining
- Strong project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage client expectations across multiple projects
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team
- Minimal travelrequired
Preferred locations: New York, Atlanta, Tampa, FL, Chicago, Washington, DC, Boston
Requisition code: E18NATSSPCJK064-CL4