Leidos Health group currently has an opening for a data architect/administrator to work in our Atlanta, GA office. Acts as the senior scientist who designs, architects, and implements an initial data store for bringing and housing different datasets at one centralized place and making it accessible to program staff. Integrate and prepare large and varied datasets, architect specialized databases and computing environments.
Work closely with analysts, data stewards, project/program managers, product owners, and other IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound assessments. Model complex problems to discover insights and to identify opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. Propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of available data and shall validate finding using an experimental and iterative approach.
1. Plans and performs systems and networking engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with system and network design, engineering, and customer specifications.
2. Responsible for highly complex technical data engineering projects.
3. Responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise data warehouses and distributed data processing platforms
4. Perform complex database (SQL and NoSQL) queries and data integrity analysis, electronic data interchange (EDI) formats
5. Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
6. May perform other duties, as assigned.
Master's degree or equivalent and ten (10) years of general experience. A Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years of general experience is equivalent to a Master's degree or a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and fifteen (15) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Master's degree. With a Doctorate, eight (8) years of general experience is acceptable. Expert Statistical data analysis and use of data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, R, STATA) Conversant in one or more scriptinglanguages, such as Perl or Python, as well as Shell scripting; OS command line instructions in LINUX and Windows
Software development skills necessary to support creation of data visualizations
5+ years of hands-on experiencesupporting enterprise data warehouses
5+ years of ETL/ELT experience in traditional data (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc) and Big data platform using Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume etc)
3+ years of experience in scriptinglanguages (Perl, Python, Java etc)
3+ years of experience in NoSQL solutions (Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB etc.) and managing unstructured data