We are looking for a highly skilled applied scientist with development skill and strong background in Machine Learning, Economics, Decision Theory, Game Theory, Optimization Theory, or related field. Candidates should be passionate about artificial intelligence and optimization at web scale. They will play a key role in driving algorithmic improvements to online and offline systems, develop and deliver robust and scalable solutions, make direct impact to both user and advertisers experience, and continually increase the revenue for Bing ads.
- Making algorithmic improvements to the Bing Ads’ auction mechanism using principles of game theory;
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing bidding strategies using techniques from control theory and reinforcement learning;
- Designing, implementing, and deploying large-scale optimization algorithms to manage the Bing Ads’ marketplace
- Designing and building efficient models for predicting user interactions with ads and advertiser’s pages.
- Designing and overseeing large-scale, long-term experiments to improve the health of the marketplace using advanced statistics and machine learning;
- Designing automation algorithms for advertisers using techniques from AI and ML to improve advertiser’s return on investment.
- Develop models for causal reasoning using techniques from AI, ML, and statistics.
- Masters or PhD degree in CS/EE or related areas is required.
- 2 + years Experience in any of the following areas statistical machine learning, deep learning, data mining, causal inference, information retrieval, game theory, mechanism design, optimization and Bayesian inference.
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Passionate, self-motivated.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong software design and development skills/experience.
- Research experience (publications) in the following areas is preferred statistical machine learning, deep learning, data mining, causal inference, information retrieval, game theory, mechanism design, optimization and Bayesian inference.
If Masters candidate, 1-2 years work experience preferred.