Rogers is seeking a Data Application Developer. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Data and Analytics team at the Rogers Park Brampton this individual will be responsible for developing and supporting scalable and highly available data applications and patterns enabling analytical, machine learning and other business functions.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and support scalable and highly available data applications enabling analytical, machine learning and other business functions.
- Develop and support data integration b/w data platform/applications and internal/external systems, including streaming, near real time and batch for various business needs.
- Deliver scalable and reliable data solutions leveraging Azure, AWS, Hadoop & SAS platforms and APIs
- Support POCs and lab technology innovation initiatives
- Work collaboratively with all levels of business and IT stakeholders to understand complex business problems and own data and analytical application related components to solving them.
- Apply concepts, industry research, best practices and devops capabilities to implement data applications and solutions
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies – Azure and AWS.
- 3+ years of experience with Data Modeling, ETL Development, Data Warehousing & Data Management functions, preferably in cloud.
- Experience with Scala, Python & Spark
- Experience in implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years of supporting cross-functional project teams – clients, developers, solutions design, production support, 3rd parties and vendors.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years of experience Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, YARN, Hive, Pig, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, NiFi.
- Data Science and ML Ops Experience.
- Experience in leading delivery of large Information Technology, Data and Cloud Platform projects.
- Experience with SAS CI and integrating RTDM with channels.