Looking for a Big Data Engineer / HadoopDeveloper with 5-7+ years of experience. This is a REMOTE opportunity where you can telecommute from the comfort of your own home.
This position will Lead agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader. This role will respond to audits and contribute to the RFP process. Ensure data governance and best practice is embraced. Responsible for understanding business and IT strategy to align with outcomes. Will be a hands-on Data and Integration Engineer who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching. Must understand big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application. Will define improvements to increase system reliability, security and performance. Perform rich data visualizations and presentations to senior management on value adds. May manage a team.
- Participate in defining strategic IT objectives and leading subordinates toward that strategic vision for their products.
- Acts as the primary focal point for both internal and external customers for software development tasks. This includes estimates of feasibility, time and effort of tasks.
- Provide updates to both the user community and the programmers.
- Monitor projects, determines potential problems and guides them to a successful completion.
- Ensure that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between programmers, analysts, project managers, supervisors, and managers, and ensuring that the proper policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assists with budget preparation and management.
- Mentor and evaluate staff performance. - Continues to work hands-on doing programming and analysis work themselves.
- Tracks all project requests in functional area and updates status of projects on a regular basis.
- Assists in estimating work effort associated with new project requests.
- Assists in planning for the development and support of a functional systems area.
- Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
- Participates in planning and budgeting.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 6+ years related experience including a minimum of 3-4 years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT.
- Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS Certified.
- Big Data/Hadoop Certified.
- ServiceNow training.