Data and Communications Coordinator
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Associate Director, the Data and Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, New England Region (NNLM NER) marketing and communications plan, as well as planning and coordinating the NER Technology Program. This position serves as the technical and design liaison for all areas of the NNLM NER. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the web presence for these programs. This position maximizes human computer interaction research so NER Network members can easily navigate and understand NER resources and courses via web and mobile applications. The Coordinator troubleshoots technology questions from NER partners.
- Develop marketing/communications strategy for the NNLM NER and acts as communications coordinator managing all aspects of the design, development and implementation of the newsletter, blog, social media, and other communications materials
- Coordinate administration and maintenance of regional e-mail discussion groups and email contact lists hosted by the NER
- Present user experience and communication design concepts and deliverables, work with regional teams to understand user needs
- Responsible for managing short and long-term communications with project collaborators, consultants, and Communities of Interest
- Track, collect and analyze relevant statistics and data for program outcome and communication for the NER.
- Act as system administrator for the NNLM NER, coordinating all aspects of the design, development and implementation of the program websites
- Provide information on basic NLM technology systems and services to NNLM NER members
- Develop and provide educational programs on technology and data trends regionally and nationally
- Provide technology support, troubleshoot NER partner’s technology issues with respect to institutional and accessibility compliance
- Solicit, collect, and organize data on technologies and products to serve needs of NNLM NER and network members.
- Develop and teach curriculum, classes, and workshops in a variety of formats that address and promote technology, user experience, research, data management, and access to biomedical information
- Identify topics and speakers, manages promotion, coordinates travel, creates handouts, invites attendees, coordinates facilities for meeting space, and oversees registration
- Participate in regional planning and research through service on teams, committees, task forces, and special projects as assigned
- Coordinate and facilitate New England Region technology, data management, and Access to Biomedical Information programs.
- Evaluate progress toward meeting program goals and objectives, and reports on progress
- Coordinate and assist with outreach projects utilizing user experience methodologies
- Conceptualize, design, and communicate user-centered design solutions with regards to educational Access to Biomedical and Health information program for the NNLM NER
- Coordinate and exhibit on an as needed basis while promoting Network membership
- Collaborate and assist other coordinators in meeting NLM and NNLM NER goals and aims
- Serves as Liaison to NNLM Web Services Technology Center, Research Data Management Team, and Access to Biomedical information programs
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in library science, computer science, information science or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in a library, technology, computer support environment or equivalent role
- Ability to plan and implement innovative services
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with web programming languages and tools
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel within New England
- Demonstrate individual and team leadership skills
- Knowledge of the National Library of Medicines services and programs.