Data and Analytics SRE
A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking a Data and Analytics SRE to join their team in New York. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world?s most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of New York City?s top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges. Their systems are very large and highly distributed, and engineers are always looking for creative solutions to solve problems, including employing a variety of modern programming languages, open source and big data technologies, as well as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Not only can you grow professionally in this company but they have an excellent engineering culture, work/life balance, and great benefits. The company is also very philanthropic; many employees give back to the community and the company also donates a significant portion of their profits to philanthropy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for the next step in their career and for a work place they can call home.
- Design, build, and automate new solutions centered around the Kubernetes container orchestration platform and its ecosystem of projects
- Be responsible for solutions which maintain configuration and robustness of systems
- Analyze performance, metric placement and interpretation, and capacity planning
- Troubleshoot and debug runtime issues with software and hardware
- Do OS and hardware level optimizations
- Interact with platform developers to understand and validate their workflows, requirements, application performance, and application resilience
- 2+ years systems configuration and automation experience (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack -- error handling, idempotency, configuration management)
- 2+ years Linux systems experience (Ubuntu, Debian experiencepreferred, ideally conversant in Unix networking and C system calls)
- Proven experience in a programming and/or scriptinglanguage (e.g. python, go, java, ruby)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies, chat-ops, etc.
- Experience building and scaling out mission-critical, elastic load distributed, and high throughput systems
- Experience with networking is a plus (e.g. packet analysis, routing protocols).
- Open source experience is a plus