Develop, implement and oversee the BSE Data and Analytics self-service and enterprise strategy.
- In a self-service model, provide the functional departments with data in a manner that is the most effective in allowing the organization to make the best decision possible to include creating and maintaining certification to effectively teach the business units how to use the tools to access data.
- At the enterprise level work with the business units to determine metrics that align with the company’s strategic direction while providing a platform that allows easy access comprehendible and actionable data.
- Manages the overall strategy and direction of company analytics, reporting and enterprise data.
- Leads, develops and managesData Analysts and Data Governance employee(s).
- Data Analyst(s) are responsible for report development and end user engagement, including requirements gathering, business value assessment, ad-hoc development, testing and validation, training, and auditing.
- Data Governance Analysts are responsible for maintain the governance of data as it resides in the ERP.
- Develops data audit and compliance procedures to ensure all data elements are maintained on a consistent basis to defined standards.
- Helps educate and train company personnel on the use of analytics and specifically the developed platforms.
- Trains users to self-serve both development and maintenance of ad hoc dashboards and reports where possible, in accordance with defined governance, and based on individual business needs.
- Influences internal personnel at all levels to take action based on insights generated from analytics to improve service, reduce cost or generate value for BSE.
- Oversight for the adoption and compliance of other business units/functional areas as it relates to data.
- Provide support and analysis to evaluate financial impacts of various initiatives and projects enabling prioritization and decision making.
- Provides ongoing support to the business by ensuring the analytics platform is configured to deliver on pre-defined performance indicators and will track and report return on investment.
- Provide analytical support for End-to-End Process teams; identify gaps and opportunities that will promote a deeper understanding of the levers that are available to help the business drive continuous improvement.
- Generate insight to linking operational performance (effectiveness, efficiency) with financial performance.
- Leverage analytics and process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN) to provide a financially data-driven approach to improvements
- Utilize visualization and build dashboards to review organizational performance.
- Identifying business trends, issues, challenges, and recommended actions
- Partner with Process Teams to develop measurements and metrics to track drivers of value and monitor progress against the agreed plans, business cases and budgets.
- Acts as a liaison between all business units to produce efficiency and remove duplication in analytics and reporting functions.
- Oversees processes and tools used to meet policies and standards.
- Leads development of department budgets and day-to-day adherence to the budget.
- Presents to management and executive leadership on overall analytics concepts, tools, developments and specific data insights as needed.
- Guides the organization through development of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive stages of analytics maturity.
- Supports all company efforts to more effectively mine data, visualize data, forecast data and produce statistical analysis that drive improved decision making.
- Helps support development of emerging data needs as they are identified.
- Identifies necessary skills and develops recruitment and training plans to fill future analytics needs.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Process Excellence or Operations a must.
- 5+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Process Excellence roles. Prior utility or energy industry, or process improvement experience desirable.
- Strong mastery of Excel, Powerpoint, Business Objects, and otherreporting tools. Experience with SAP, databases, Tableau, Alteryx and other business reporting tools a plus.
- Strong background in analysis, modeling, project management and continuous improvement desirable.
- Demonstrate the use and understanding of Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma tools and methodologies.