About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 8 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
The Director of Data Analytics and Strategy requires a seasoned IT professional who has significant experience in data warehousing, data analytics, data visualization, and data management to evolve the organization’s analytics strategy and execute this strategy. The Director is a thought leader and advocate for the power of our data, strategies on how to make it most impactful, and encourages data-driven decision making across all parts of the organization to achieve results and sustain operational excellence.
This professional is result-oriented, multi-disciplined, and comfortable in translating business needs into complex IT strategies. The Director is accountable for developing and implementing programs for data quality, master data processes, data governance and other standard practices to ensure complete and accurate data is available in a timely fashion.
This position will lead large cross-functional projects as an analytics expert to ensure projects are aligned with the organization’s strategy and provide strong project management leadership to assure solutions are technically sound and align appropriately with business need. The Director acts as a consultant to senior leaders in the organization and must possess the ability to engage in effective communications. The Director must also be adept at presenting data and information in a meaningful and insightful manner.
- Minimum 5 years Health Care and Analytics experience, preferably in an organization using an electronic medical record system such as Epic.
- Solid technology leadership skills, including high level vision and understanding of data strategy
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to interact and deliver compelling messages to executives, stakeholders as well as internal and external customers
- Familiarity with data governance and security/privacy compliance including clinical research
- Demonstrated experience with analytic platform/data management planning, scaling, and administration
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is strongly desired. Preferreddegree areas; business, healthcare administration, computer technology ,mathematics, statistics, information management
- Certification is strongly desired. CBIP, Certified Business Intelligence Professional, or other domain