The Data & Analytics team is organized around world-class data, advanced data science and automation to drive business value for the K-C organization. We are a group of curious people and critical thinkers focused on solving the problems of the day and opportunities of the future through applied intelligence and data science. As part of this team, the Solution Engineer is responsible for integrating business, information, and technology architecture to create analytical solutions for the relevant business capability area and in some cases across capability areas. This role is viewed as a solution innovator and expert in complex analytical and digital
Key Interfaces: Functional Engineers, Business Customers, Enterprise Data Management teams, Solution Engineers, Enterprise Architects, Analytics Designers, Project Manager.
External Interfaces: Consultants, Vendors, Managed Services Providers (onshore/offshore). Travel may include approximately 15% of work time.
- Leads in designing innovative, technical solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems. Has strong knowledge in business and technical functions that are touch points with their area of expertise. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for other team members. Is knowledgeable in industry best practices in their area of expertise and uses resources outside of K-C to deliver the end-to-end technical solutions.
- Technical architect of large and extra-large projects for one or more business capabilities (eCommerce, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.).
- Accountable for leading the overall end-to-end technical design (including detailed configuration) which incorporates business requirements and considers global standards and regional variations.
- Delivers solution delivery blueprints including but not limited to application diagrams, physical architecture, process diagrams, sequence diagrams, systems maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces, data modeling, integration planning, and detailed build estimates.
- Translates non-functional and functional requirements into end-to-end analytical solution designs, ensuring solution aligns with business goals and processes, uses and provides enterprise information consistently, integrates effectively with other applications, and supports a common application environment.
- Implements seamless digital analytics utilizing common technology platforms, to achieve enterprise level security, quality of service and scale for analytical solutions.
- Collaborates with other Solution Engineers, Enterprise Architecture, and Analytics Designers to make sure that the solution fits within enterprise context.
- Drive a rigorous approach leveraging data science including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to solve problems in the context of growing Kimberly Clark brands, increasing sales, and enabling operational excellence.
- Documents solution in appropriate service management applications.
- Coordinates engagements with vendors as they relate to evaluation, design and delivery of business capabilities. Contributes to the evaluation and selection of software products.
- Influences and moves the K-C culture to one that values and uses cross-business and functional data and analytics to power business performance.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- 7-10 years of continuous experience in software engineering, software development, solution architecture.
- Basic functional knowledge in key CPG capabilities (Sales, eCommerce, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.).
- Broad range of business and IT experiences; has achieved technical and/or business certification(s).
- Strong technical knowledge of diverse analytical tools and solutions (APIs, RPA, SQL, BW, Tableau). Hands-on experience with SAP HANA Enterprise and Hadoop (Cloudera preferred).
- Strong technical leadership of Analytics Delivery teams and vendors. Experience leading IT projects and/or programs with strong SDLC understanding, including Agile / Waterfall methodologies.
- Working knowledge of API-based design for business applications and can incorporate API-based design into analytics solutions. (Mulesoft experiencedesired.).
- Experience with integration methods and tools including ETL and virtualization.
- Experience with SAP software solutions (ECC, BW, BI).
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning technologies (R, Python, Scala, etc.).
- Experience leading IT projects and/or programs with strong SDLC experience including Agile / Waterfall methodologies. Exposure to Agile fundamentals and able to lead key ceremonies. Act as Scrum Master for a team, following all standard work practices
- Ability to operate in a digital workplace utilizing modern technologies to connect, collaborate, communicate and cooperate across a global organization and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
- Ability to communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to cross functional groups and senior levels. Experience collaborating withEnterprise Architects and infrastructure engineers to identify, design, and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions.
- Thought leader with strong connection to industry and technology user groups and networks. Keeps abreast of leading trends in digital, cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chain, virtual reality, augmented reality and combinations of technology that matter in IoT.
- High level of communication is required. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and have strong time management skills. Embraces learning agility to keep abreast of new technologies and strategies.
- Possesses strong leadership skills and exhibits creative thinking to be able to design inventive solutions which solve business challenges. Cultivates networking opportunities within the organization.