Become a member of an innovative team within the Actuarial Reserving department made up of actuarial and data professionals. The successful candidate will establish metrics, provide loss data analyses, and partner with Actuarial and other professionals to support their business intelligence needs. This candidate will be technically strong and will enhance our capabilities to make data-driven decisions and recommendations. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads smaller scale projects supporting the analysis and insights from Actuarial Reserving with the purpose of quantifying the performance of the business area and evaluating changes. Interprets data and monitors trends over time. Uses technical expertise to help provide business insights and recommendations to support business improvements. Builds dashboards and reports findings to Senior Management.
- Establishes relationship with our Actuarial business partners and use these partnerships to drive insights.
- Collaborates with our Data and IT business partners to innovate and improve efficiencies in managing data, allowing for greater speed and accuracy of producing analyses, metrics, and insights.
- Uses process design principles and documentation best practices to drive efficiencies in current and new processes. Contributes to making Actuarial Reserving an innovation, process, and data/analytics-focused culture.
- Acts as a technical resource and regularly identifies opportunities to leverage new IT solutions in support of analytics and reporting objectives. Focuses on using the right tools for solving the right problem.
- Stays up to date on data science trends and developments
- Works independently, receiving minimal guidance; acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience by providing instruction, guidance, and advice. May actively partner with other analytical teams across the organization and/or participate in special projects. May actively partner with other analytical teams across the organization and/or participate in special projects.
Reporting Relationship Director or above. Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of applications such as Alteryx, Tableau, and other business related software a plus.
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn programming languages such as R, SQL, and Python.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
- Broad knowledge of business functions, statistical methods of analysis, company systems and databases, and their integration.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data.
- Solid project management, organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and lead teams
- Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages the available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior results.
- Ability to leverage enterprise applications for reporting and process improvement to meet business objectives.
- Ability to creatively and effectively manage through ambiguous and challenging problems, leads through change and takes appropriate level of risk.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- Typically a minimum of seven years of related work experience.