Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Data Analytics Manager at Upstart, you will own and scale data reporting and analytics in support of our Capital Markets team. You will be a critical member of Upstart’s analytics team that owns historical credit performance reporting and develops projected performance cash flow models that enable the Capital Market’s team objectives to execute funding and liquidity plans via credit facilities, loan sales and capital market transactions. Through your efforts, we’ll be able to ensure reporting accuracy and consistency across the company to monitor and report loan performance. You are Upstart’s data ambassador to our current and future investors. If you are naturally curious, have strong SQL skills, love data, and can communicate complex concepts with technical and non-technical people, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Upstart prioritizes having fun first. We value candidates who enjoy actively contributing to conversations. We believe that seeing the human in others, allows us to work more cohesively and safely challenge each other. A happy team is a performing team.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Partner with Capital Markets, Investor Services, Treasury, Product, Data Science, and Engineering teams to collect and analyze loan performance data and contribute to credit analytics and deliver insights.
- Own data reporting process for securitization and investor reporting. Proactively identify data quality and integrity issues that affect the accuracy of reporting.
- Leads the development and implementation of advanced analytics to solve business problems. Operates as a subject matter expert on financial modeling and financial impact analysis.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to identify, research, interpret, catalog, source, manipulate, and enrich Upstart’s structured and unstructured data assets to facilitate effective analytics. Develop subject matter expertise in domain, analytic and data assets.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret business information and the key metrics that measure loan performance.
- Create reports and dashboards in BI tools such as Looker. Monitor trends in relevant metrics and report on key insights on a daily basis.
- Work with various big data platforms, databases and systems such as AWS, Redshift and other big data technologies.
- Participate in data modeling and architecture discussion, influence data products roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility of new projects.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure quick turnaround on fixes. Take ownership of communicating changes to the appropriate end-users.
- Work with data service providers to explore APIs, analyze and forecast impact of integrating new data sets. Work with Engineering throughout the entire process of on-boarding new data sets.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum requirements:
- BS/MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other highly quantitative/analytical field
- 5+ years of professional experience in SQL querying and proven ability to work with large and complex data set
- 5+ years of professional experience performing data analytics that influence business decision making
- Industry experience with focus on capital markets, finance, or accounting and creating financial models using tools like Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in leading a team of analysts and leading large, cross-functional projects
- Knowledge to translate business requirements to Data Warehousing and ETL specifications
- Experience in data analytics tools such as Python or R and BI/reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- Strong communication with client-facing and executive level data presentation skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines
- Preferred qualifications:
- Previous consumer marketplace lending industry experience
- Experience with Amazon Redshift
- Experience in project management & documentation using tools such as Jira and Confluence
What you’ll love:
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Upstarter Clubs (Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing, and so many more!)
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Since day one, we’ve been dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We c