Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
As a Manager of Data Analytics, you will apply data science techniques and analytics thinking to fuel the growth of Tapestry brands (Coach, Kate Spade & Stuart Weitzman) internationally.
We are looking for smart individuals with a passion for discovery, innovation, and the power of data science and advanced analytics to drive financial results and improve customer experiences. We work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to determine the right questions to ask, pursue the best opportunities, share insights, and develop practical business recommendations.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Data Science to...
- Consult cross-functional partners on designing data-driven analyses, strategies and tools
- Perform large-scale data science methodology to extract useful business insights and unlock new strategies and optimizations
- Translate analyses to data stories, identify actionable solutions and recommendations to influence the direction of the business by communicating results to cross-functional groups
- Design and develop data visualization to help external partner understand data insights
- Gather and define business requirements for data science tools and models and work with internal partners to ensure pipeline for future business analyses.
- Establish best practices and provide guidance to global counterparts.
- Collaborate with our data engineers to innovate in the sourcing, management, and use of data.
- Collaborate with our data science algorithm and engineer team to innovate potential data science products and solutions
- Communicate and present findings to leadership level business partners
An outstanding professional will have...
- 4-6 years of experience doing data science projects and quantitative analysis within a large-scale company or fast-paced environment
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Python and SQL
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience with Google Analytics and BigQuery is a plus
- Proficiency to tell compelling and concise narratives with complex data
- Hands-on, Fast learner, self-driven, natural curiosity, and enthusiasm for data science
- Experience working cross functionally and interacting with partners at all levels
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics into revenue driving initiatives
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities daily and to perform efficiently within a fast paced team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related technical field; Master is a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.