Headquartered in Smithfield, Va., since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich®, and Nathan's Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit
As a Manager in the Finance Data Analytics department, you will be responsible for managing a team that maintains, improves, and builds new reporting capabilities for multiple functions of the business. You will build strategic partnerships with leaders in cross-functional areas of the business to implement process improvements that streamline the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting process. You will develop a deep understanding of operational processes and identify needs, then use technology to deliver impactful reporting solutions. Your team will be responsible for delivering daily, weekly, and monthly reports accurately and on time. You will also be involved in ad-hoc analysis of large datasets to quickly provide insight into the business.
- Partner and maintain relationships with business leaders to standardize and improve reporting capabilities
- Lead and develop a team of analysts to deliver data-driven results
- Oversee the delivery of daily, weekly, and monthly reports accurately and on time
- Build Reports and Dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, Analysis for Office, Bex, and other reporting tools
- Build automated Processes using scripting tools
- Hold training sessions on how to use the various tools and reports created by the department
- Generate load files for various systems, maintaining system accuracy
- Communicate effectively with report stake holders to ensure strong understanding of the methodology behind all calculations
- Perform adhoc analysis using data from various systems and explain results of analysis to all levels of management
- Determine best practices for financial data reporting and analytics
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science/Data Analytics or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or logistics business environment, required.
- Advanced experience with Power BI, Power Pivot, SAP, SAP Analysis for Office, BPC, Bex Query Designer
- Advanced experience in analyzing data within relational database systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, and MySQL
- Experience with ETL Tools such as Alteryx, Paxata, DataGuru or equivalent technologies.
- Experienced in Data analysis with Python using Pandas/Numpy/Jupyter Notebooks or equivalent technologies, preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business logic
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with superb attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing and ambiguous environment
- Strong leadership and management skills, including driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement
- Ability to provide clear direction to employees
- Ability to translate business requirements into an action plan to deliver reporting solutions
- Has the creativity to go beyond current tools to investigate and deliver best solution to the problem.
- Has a passion for working with data and finding solutions to problems using technology
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation for Finance Data Analytics team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.