This position offers a unique opportunity in the areas of data science and analytics at the Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care (MCIRCC),Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan (UM). Research in our center focuses on developing clinical decision support systems and a real time analytics platform for developing and translating advanced data science into critical care. Applicants will beresponsible for finding, accessing, pulling, munging, organizing, and staging data from multiplelocations and multiple customers. Once data has been staged, it will be used to build analytics for diagnostic and predictive decision support systems. This position focuses on thetranslational aspects of our existing research into the clinical environment as viable products. You will be working with a highly motivated team to validate and deliver research to the bedside. Yeah, to actual patients. We are looking for an ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individual with an interest in leveraging our research. The state of the art research platform being developed by MCIRCC is a hybrid system consisting of several disparate hardware and software components. Therefore, the candidate is expected to be a dynamic problem solver and not afraid of learning newlanguages and skills in order to get the job done. Candidates must be able to actively develop analytical formulations as needed for the project, and analyze performance of the resulting methods by writing MATLAB or python scripts. They should actively collaborate with the team as well as withother clinical collaborators within the school and also inother institutes, depending on project needs. The candidate will be involved in contributing towards developing manuscripts for publication and needs to present research results within/outside UM.Preferred are candidates who would recognize themselves as ‘Jack of alltrades’.
- Team player
- Communicate clearly and consult with our multi-disciplinary team of scientists, developers and clinicians.
- Project manage and organize research requests from MCIRCC members
- Manage, structure and wrangle clinical data from various databases (structured and unstructured) for analytics consumption
- Mine data for insight, trends, and anomalies
- Investigate methods and techniques to perform analytics
- Apply machine learning concepts to solve complex problems
- Develop statistical reports and insights from data and its derived features
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis of machine learning model’s performance
- Provide support in grant and manuscript writing
Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, as well as 3-5 years of professional experience, Computer Science, or a closely related field. Applicants must have strong database and some machine learning skills.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or other relational databases
- Programming in Matlab and/or Python for data acquisition and analysis
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and implementations
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills in English
- Interest in developing translational research that has clinical impact