Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we utilize data! As a talented Data Engineer you will join our growing DataTechnology team to help drivebusiness decisions. Lending Club’s business is data driven and you will build solutions to help the company make decisions about marketing, pricing, credit, funding, and manyotherbusiness aspects.
- A Scrum team-player who loves to use data to analyze the past and to predict the future
- A passionate engineer who enjoys challenging and interesting problems – big data volume, scale, performance, and integration to name a few
- A professional who is excited to apply their current skills and an open mind to grow their knowledge base
Your skills should include:
- Data analysis, mapping, and modeling
- 2+years of Development of high performance SQL/Hive queries and data transformation
- Strong relational database skills
- You have exposure to BigData challenges and NoSQL technologies (Hive, Oozie, MongoDB)
- UNIX/Linux experience and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
- You have the ability to work with a team in solving problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Java and AWS experience is an asset