What You'll Get to Do:
- The Data Analytics Engineer - Lead is responsible for providing senior level back-end support for projects related to investigations and litigation cases.
- This includes managing the design, modeling, and implementation of a variety of databases and applications.
- The Data Analytics Engineer - Lead will provide input into the selection of the appropriate data architecture for analysis and will manage the gathering of a wide variety of data types from primary and secondary sources through diverse channels using a combination of methods that will be populated into the appropriate analytical tools.
- Working with and leading mid-level and junior team members to perform systems and database maintenance are key components of the work to include designing/implementing ETL pipelines, preservation of source data, performance optimization, monitoring, and suggesting improvements.
More About the Role:
The Data Analytics Engineer - Lead will support analytics and Business Intelligence development and will focus on databases and systems needed in the analysis of mission critical data. The Data Analytics Engineer - Lead is responsible for:
- Managing the design, development, implementation, maintenance and optimization of a variety of databases and systems to include designing logical and physical database structures, partitioning of tables, data loading and validation, all aspects of security, monitoring, and performance tuning
- Maintaining database dictionaries, and monitoring standards and procedures
- Providing technical guidance to management, the team, and the customer in regards to implementation of highly advanced technical solutions
- Supporting all dimensions of analysis including data transformations, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading data
- Collaborate across teams in order to quickly adapt to emerging and dependent technologies
- Continually interact with teams to design and implement innovative data solutions that will provide key decision-making abilities
- Establish and maintain documentation for all design, development, and maintenance activities to include database entity relationship diagrams, ETL processes, source code version control, and automated maintenance processes.
- Perform routine source code reviews of ETL processes for defects, performance tuning, or changes in source data format
- Deliver assignments by established deadlines. Keep management well-informed on a timely basis of progress, status and/or concerns for all team's assignments
- Develop and maintain standards for database implementation, maintenance, and optimization
- Implement, maintain and test Disaster Recovery methodology for all production databases.
- Reviews performance and capacity planning reports and makes recommendations to management
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 12 years of applicable experience.
- Experience with managing/leading a team of ETL/Database Administrators
- Strong experience with the design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of a variety of highly complex databases (typically SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL) to include implementing security and access methods
- Strong experience with ETL of large data sets using Python, Teradata, SSIS, or Talend to source, load, and verify data of various formats
- Ability to work at OS level on Linux and Windows, writing scripts and configuring storage
- Experience administrating databases in AWS cloud or Microsoft Azure environments
- Experience with automated tools for database design and implementation
- Ability to embrace and lead technological change and development
- Experience with developing procedures relating to database and application security including procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn
- Experience with identifying and implementing enhancements to improve performance and reliability of existing database systems.
- Experience with the implementation, testing, and maintenance of Disaster Recovery for various databases.
- Experience with performing threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
- Experience with performance monitoring and summary table creation.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with ETL and Database management in direct support of Tableau Server or Microsoft Power BI Suite
- Experience with schema development, ETL, and database management in IBM I2 Enterprise Insight Analysis (EIA) Opal w/ I2 Connect
- Experience with litigation support, investigations, or administering Litigation Support tools
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
- Some travel may be required.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.