Data Architect Consultant
Slalom Consulting's San Francisco office is seeking an experienced Data Architecture Consultant to contribute to its growing Data & Analytics practice. The ideal candidate is a professional with 5-8 years of experience in designing, developing, validating and communicating enterprise-wide data solutions using modern tools and cloud technologies such as AWS/Google Cloud/Azure. Deep experience in developing enterprise data management strategies including data lake/warehouse implementations, data movement, data services, data acquisition, data conversion, and archive/recovery.
Who are you?
- You have passion for data!
- You're a smart, collaborative person who is excited about technology and driven to get things done.
- You're not afraid to be bring your authentic self to work.
- You embrace a continuous learner mentality.
Who are we?
- We are engineers, makers, planners, architects, and designers.
- We choose to imagine things made better, and then set out on a journey to realize what's possible.
- We'll never trade the upside of wonder for the comfort of the familiar or the safety of convention.
What technologies will you be using?
Every element of a modern data & analytics stack. It's about using the right technologies to solve problems and playing with new technologies to figure out how to apply them intelligently. We work with technologies across the board.
Why do we work here?
Each of us came to Slalom because we wanted something different. We wanted to make a difference, we wanted autonomy to own and drive our future while working with some of the best companies in San Francisco leveraging the coolest technologies. At Slalom, we found our people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience and 4+ years in a data architect role
- Expert in capturing end users requirements and align technical solutions to the business objectives
- Experience in leading, designing and implementing Cloud Data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
- Be versed in Cloud solutions (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake cloud) or Big Data solutions and related technologies
- Understanding of distributed systems and architecture design trade-offs. Expertise in data architecture concepts such as data modeling, workflow management, ETL/ELT, real-time streaming)
- Understanding data management and governance concepts such as data quality, metadata management, etc.
- Hands-on project experience with scripting/programming languages and supporting tools such as Python, Java, Scala, Bash
- Explore emerging technologies vendors and recommend/advise clients on referential architectures
- Experience in designing data engineering solutions using open source and proprietary cloud data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Glue and Dataflow
- Experience with such as JSON, XML, YAML
- Experience with code management tools (e.g. Git, SVN) and DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging development and integration problems
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Great presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading data platform development teams
- Experience deploying data science projects into production at scale
- Understanding of impacts to process, required governance, and operations