Prudential's Internal Audit Department seeks a self-motivated business professional desiring a challenging career opportunity with the Data Analytics team. The qualified individual will provide support for audit teams with the objective of optimizing the use of data in support of audit planning and testing as well as in the development of effective continuous monitoring programs. Specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to design and execute general and targeted analysis of data using best practice data mining and statistical techniques in support of audit teams conducting operational, technology and financialaudits of Prudential’s businesses and corporate functions. The successful candidate will also play a key role in helping to present key findings from data analysis to senior management and other various internal and external stakeholders. The mission of Prudential's Internal Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance services designed to add value to the Company by supporting theAudit Committee of the Board of Directors in fulfilling its oversight role. The Internal Audit Department helps the Company accomplish its objectives by applying a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes and promoting a strong control environment. The Department analyzes the development, sale, marketing and operational administration of insurance and investment products, the preparation of financial statements and disclosures, and reviews compliance with complex legal and regulatory requirements. This position is based in Newark, New Jersey. This position may require travel which should not exceed 10%, but may vary depending on the audit plan. This individual will be responsible for the following functions:
- Enhance the department’s data analytics capabilities.
- Establish relationships with data owners to gain an understanding of available resources, flow of information and ways in which information can be leveraged in the audit process.
- Translate audit scenarios and requirements into technical specifications, build queries and test the query results for appropriateness and completeness.
- Extract, mine, and stratify data from various internal data repositories and where appropriate, merge data with external resources for micro and macro level analysis.
- Perform advanced queries and analysis across multiple technologies, create and manage automated audit routines, and validate and share results of the analysis across the team.
- Develop automated scripts and programs to allow auditors to execute data analytical programs for similar or recurring audits and to support continuous auditing/monitoring efforts.
- Identify data analytical routines that can be developed to meet similar objectives across multiple audit groups, to maximize return on investment.
- Provide insight and guidance on the interpretation of reported exceptions/analytics outputs so that appropriate actions can be taken by the audit teams.
- Continuously search for innovative ways to integrate and analyze data, and present it in a user-friendly format.
- Effectively communicate with management and staff.
- Research various issues and trends to stay abreast of leading practices in continuous monitoring and data analytics emerging technology, business and market trends.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data analysis role preferably within internal audit, a risk function, a control function and/or previous experience in analyzing business processes in a financial services environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university; an MBA is a plus.
- A dual major/minor combination of Computer Science or Management Information Systems and Business (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Analytics, Management, Statistics) is a plus.
- Demonstrated record of successful, high impact data analysis projects and outcomes.
- Experience working with large volume datasets, creating queries and scripts for data analytics and software applications such as ACL, IDEA, or SQL.
- Experience mining large data sets using statistical software, such as R, Python, or SAS, with exposure to predictive modeling.
- Experience with a variety of ERP Systems (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle) and understanding of data systems (e.g., warehouses, databases)
- Advanced MS Excel skills required; including pivot tables, Vlookups, creating macros, and visualization techniques.
- Experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau or PowerBI.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills with an ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team and be a strong team player.
- Experience in one or more of these business areas: life insurance, annuities, retirement, asset management.