Zebit is a San Diego, California based eCommerce, buy-now-pay-later company. Reporting to the Data Science Manager, we are looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join our data science team.
Zebit offers over 90,000 products across 25 product categories. We are focused and dedicated to making a fundamental change in the lives of over 120 million U.S. credit-challenged consumers by giving them access to a broad set of products and the ability to pay for those products over six months without any hidden fees or penalties.
Proudly voted one of the Best Places to Work by the San Diego Business Journal, Zebit is looking for innovative and motivated people to work with our growing data analytics team.
The Data Analyst will assist in building out SQL, Tableau reports, and data models. Ultimately, that data, and the visualization of it, will provide insights the business can use to aid in business decisions, support actions, and help the business on its growth trajectory. As a key part of our Data Science Team, the Data Analyst will work across multiple areas of the business including Credit Risk, Fraud Operations, , and Technology Teams. If you have previous data analysis experience and are looking to get into the FinTech and Ecommerce industry, then we are looking for you to join our team!
- Deliver ad-hoc analyses and reports to support business needs, investigate, triage and resolve metrics-based issues
- Partner with teams across the organization to understand their analytics needs and create dashboards and reporting that allow them to execute more effectively
- Deliver and present key findings to members of the business though presentations and direct engagement that result in actions and improved decision making
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Write well-optimized queries including a variety of functions and subqueries, primarily related to fraud
- Analyze and frame data into digestible frameworks and reports, while delivering insights
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or equivalent required
- 3 plus years of data analytics experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python
- Knowledge of Tableau, with a demonstrated track record of using Tableau to create reporting, dashboards, and other data visualizations in support of business objectives
- Prior experience in credit risk or fraud analysis strongly preferred, though not required
- Ability to analyze data and condense data to tell a persuasive story
- Adept at identifying risk or fraud trends and quickly developing solutions to mitigate
- Able to identify the root cause of problems and identify, propose, and recommend innovative solutions to diverse partners
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with cross functional teams
- Capable of solve complex business problems using advanced analytics / modeling creatively
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data
- Ability to organize and present complex data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter, with ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. Excited and hungry to try new tools and processes to achieve results